Thursday, April 18, 2013

Jackie- 3 second clip (please play with audio turned down)



Hi guys, here's my 3 second clip; I always wanted to animate someone in concert, so I took this audio of Nick Cave at Coachella and gave it a spin- I liked the scariness to it. This rig has problems, i.e. face/ arms aren't set up right, so I'm calling it a day and moving on. Thanks for looking!

3 comments:

  1. Hi, Jackie! Nice work getting in some animation time after Coachella...I bet it was one fun weekend. My roommate is currently there for weekend 2 :)

    The arc and timing of the arm coming up and off the knee and going backwards is working pretty well. The beginning/middle mouth sync blocking is good, but whatever the line is at the end isn't quite reading right (do-oo?) and needs more of an 'ooo' mouth shape I think.

    I'm a little confused by the line of dialog chosen, though. I am guessing it was recorded with your phone next to a very loud speaker, but I can't quite make out what he says ("Cause my baby I do-oooo?"). The sound blows out so much at the end and cuts off abruptly that it's just an odd piece to animate to.

    The arm and wrist do look broken at the end which I think a simple arm rotate outwards and more subtle wrist rotate will help get it back to looking not broken. The body (or camera?) does some odd movement between f40-60. Just makes him look a little off balance and more like an entire body rotate forward and back instead of the movement coming from the root and getting the mechanics working properly.

    Nice job and good luck on your next 3-second test!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice one Jackie!
    The main thing that catch my attention is the root movement from the frame 40: the back and force translation feels a bit stiff.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jackie, I'm jealous you went to Coachella! Though Florence ain't half bad... I would agree with Kevin's notes on this shot. It seems like you're fighting an uphill battle here - a rig that doesn't work well with dialog that's hard to hear. I'd like to see you stick with an established rig and some clearer audio next time.

    ReplyDelete