The animation overall is looking really good! Your shot seems really close to being finished. The thing that stood out to me the most was some lip-sync that is a bit off.
Between frame 83 and 91 I think his upper lip is moving just a bit too fast, it is a bit distracting for me. I think the transition from the frame 86 to frame 88 shape in particular is a bit too sharp, maybe soften this transition. You may need to hold the frame 88 closed "m" for one more frame. Also, I think his jaw needs to close more for the "t" in town.
At frame 113, he says "start trouble" - I don't see an "s" shape or an open "a", to me the bus driver is already lip-syncing to "trouble" and skips the word "start".
It feels to me that the lip-sync for "people" starts at frame 206, when it should be shifted a few frames later, to start around frame 210 or 212. At frame 218 the audio has the "ple" from "people", yet his mouth does not move any more at that point. You could also try and leave his mouth slightly open for a bit after saying the "e" at the end.
Lastly, if you have time, maybe you could animate some simple keep-alive for the Giants fans?
Hey Viv, thanks for the comment. I've been struggling with the lipsync... Yours notes makes sense to me, I'll work on it. I've been trying to animate the giants fans in layered mode but it's kind of difficult to me. I think is better go back and work on my normal workflow.
Hi Mallo, this is looking really good. Nice polish since last time I saw it. I agree with Viv that the lipsynch needs work. We can look at that in class. I'd also say that you should take out the blink as the door opens, and delay his look to the right by 4 frames (around frame 16).
The animation overall is looking really good! Your shot seems really close to being finished. The thing that stood out to me the most was some lip-sync that is a bit off.
ReplyDeleteBetween frame 83 and 91 I think his upper lip is moving just a bit too fast, it is a bit distracting for me. I think the transition from the frame 86 to frame 88 shape in particular is a bit too sharp, maybe soften this transition. You may need to hold the frame 88 closed "m" for one more frame. Also, I think his jaw needs to close more for the "t" in town.
At frame 113, he says "start trouble" - I don't see an "s" shape or an open "a", to me the bus driver is already lip-syncing to "trouble" and skips the word "start".
It feels to me that the lip-sync for "people" starts at frame 206, when it should be shifted a few frames later, to start around frame 210 or 212. At frame 218 the audio has the "ple" from "people", yet his mouth does not move any more at that point. You could also try and leave his mouth slightly open for a bit after saying the "e" at the end.
Lastly, if you have time, maybe you could animate some simple keep-alive for the Giants fans?
Hey Viv,
Deletethanks for the comment.
I've been struggling with the lipsync...
Yours notes makes sense to me, I'll work on it.
I've been trying to animate the giants fans in layered mode but it's kind of difficult to me.
I think is better go back and work on my normal workflow.
Hi Mallo, this is looking really good. Nice polish since last time I saw it. I agree with Viv that the lipsynch needs work. We can look at that in class. I'd also say that you should take out the blink as the door opens, and delay his look to the right by 4 frames (around frame 16).
ReplyDeleteGreat! I'll work on the giants fans. :)
ReplyDelete