Monday, May 27, 2013

Benoit - Few fixes

Hi there,

Here is the last version of my shot: https://www.dropbox.com/s/r9ys7t7ln6lv0db/benoit_clintEastwood_04.mov
I addressed Victor's notes but I am still struggling a little bit with the final attitude. What do you think?

Thank you!

4 comments:

  1. Hi Benoit, you've made some good progress. After 'very tall' I'd like him to keep looking around instead of just fixing his eyes on camera. Let his eyes follow the direction of his head. I also don't get the gesture of the screen right hand going up around 6.00. You either need to clarify what this gesture is, or get rid of it (I prefer to get rid of it). Keep going!
    Also, I can't remember if you had selected any dialog for you next assignment. I'd like it if you could bring a few options to class. I'm thinking a 2 person dialog of 5 seconds or less, or another 1 person dialog of 10 seconds or less.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your notes Victor!! I'll try to clarify his gesture for Thursday.
      I'll bring ideas for next assignment as well.

      Delete
  2. Hi Benoit, I think this is looking really nice; I just wanted to add to Victor's comment, that perhaps you just need to make the arm gesture at 6:00 (and the final smile) more staccato; like if he's thinking "OMG guys!!" in his mind? But if you do take out the final arm movement, and if you focus on the final smile as a way to communicate that, maybe you can just do that a bit sooner? I hope that helps somehow. Nice work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jackie,
      That's the "OMG guys!!" attitude I'm trying to sell since the beginning. I tried it with the head, then the arm move... I like the idea to communicate it with the smile only. I'll try to make it happen sooner and see if it reads better.

      Delete