Monday, May 13, 2013

I'm back - what did I miss?

Hi Class,
I would love it if you could post the work that you showed to Royce last week, along with the notes you received.  That way I can get up to speed before this Thursday.  See you then!

3 comments:

  1. Will do! Welcome back.

    I posted a revision of my test shot below and will have the refined blocking of my new shot posted in bit with the notes from Royce.

    Hope you had a good vacation away.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Victor,

    Here is the first pass I showed to Royce last week: https://www.dropbox.com/s/r5b1525ulkwlr4f/benoit_clintEastwood.mov
    And here are the notes he gave me:
    - Sell more that feet are moving,
    - Less "default" pose on the left hand on the "know who that was",
    - Sharpen the timing and hold poses longer,
    - Hold the right arm up longer on the "very tall".

    I'll show you the second pass with those notes addressed tomorrow.

    Benoit

    ReplyDelete
  3. Benoit, thanks for posting this. I like the clip, especially how he bounces during the silence. I agree with Royce's notes, and here are a few more:
    - animate the eyes. The eyes are where we look first, so when there is not movement there he seems dead to us. Anticipate all your moves in the eyes and give them clear, fast direction changes.
    - keep him alive at the end during the last "eastwood". Maybe keep him bobbing or go into a new action.

    ReplyDelete