Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Jackie- addressing Royce notes on dragon



Hi everyone, here is my first attempt at addressing Royce's notes on the dragon. The consensus was to have the dragon act more tough/ thuglike, but I think the idea of him being kind of jolly is funnier, so I tried to go for a compromise. There was a note on the blog to have him hold the pole with one hand, but in real life you can't fish without two hands on the pole. At least deep sea fishing like I'm used to. I just put the "princess" into spline, so I'm not looking for feedback on her yet. Thanks for looking!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Jackie,
    I like how the dragon is coming along and I agree with the Royce notes. I'd like him to look at her sooner - around frame 43 - so that it directs our eye to her. Otherwise we're not sure where to look. I know you're not looking for notes on the girl, but I'm going to give you some anyway before you get much further. I see that you've toned her down, but I think you need to tone her down more. I feel like you've still got too many gestures and they're too theatrical. Here's my suggestion, which I think will be pretty easy to do: When she say's "I'm a princess" have her arm go straight to the hand-on-chest pose (like 130) and leave it there until "prince". Make the gesture for "prince" smaller. Think about the subtext of that gesture - what does "prince" mean to her? Sophisticated? Strong? Regal? Wealthy? Find a smaller gesture that communicates this subtext.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Victor, sorry I guess I meant I know my splining was very rough. I'm going to address these notes. Thanks for your input!

    ReplyDelete