Monday, May 20, 2013

Progress So Far

Hi guys! Just wanted to upload my progress so far - I was looking for some feedback on her expression at "Thursday" - I followed Victor's drawing but now I don't know if it feels too pushed or if the expressions after it are just too bland. Advice is appreciated! Thanks!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Lauren! I think this is coming together well! I see the finessing you've done on the expressions and it's looking good overall. I do see a change in the brows at "thursDAY," then a different brow shape leading up to "so sweet," which is a nice strong inverted arc. I think it would read better in this part if you kept the inverted arc (U shape) in "thursDAY," then held that shape through until the end, just acting within that pose. I don't think it looks natural to arc the brows up, then drop them, then arc them up again with that small of a time between the poses. Plus acting within the shape will help it read more clearly. One more thing I wanted to add is that on "took it" the center of her brow travels up more than the rest of the brow. Make sure the brows are moving in unison, because that's how brows move in real life. I hope this helps, keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lauren, this is progressing well. I would agree with Jackie that the brows are too busy around "Thursday". You're not holding that expression long enough for it to read. There's a little stutter sound between "thursday" and "she wanted" that you need to indicate - sounds like she started to say something but then changed her mind. Also, can you get her to show more teeth on the final phrase? Some more head tilt to screen right would be nice, too.

    ReplyDelete