Tuesday, June 18, 2013

New Shot Layout


Hey everyone! Back from the mystical land of NJ and I wanted to upload the new layout for my shot - having trouble keeping girl Malcolm in the frame in the beginning. I also worry about them looking out of proportion since Malcolm is so horribly tall and skinny and other models I've found are short and fat. Thoughts? Thanks in advance!

3 comments:

  1. Hey Lauren! I'm glad you chose this clip- I liked it a lot. I think you've got a good clear setup so far; my only suggestions are that you should cut in about 25%, so they're bigger in the frame. You may like the results if you play with the focal lenghth as well/ instead. Speaking of which, I'm a bit thrown off by the placement of the characters due to the size of the screen right girl's head. It's making me think she's a lot closer in the foreground than the screen left girl. A person in my last class had a problem like this with staging, and he was able to cheat it so the heads were similar sizes and it helped a lot. Maybe you could turn the camera a bit so the shot is almost an overthe shoulder shot of the red head girl, to kind of work with the head size difference? I'm not sure but that's just a thought. Overall, nice work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. maybe you could also do a moving camera, following them a bit until they sit down. That might be awesome for this shot. Ok I'll stop now : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Lauren, welcome back! I agree that the staging is a problem here. I don't like that they enter the scene with their backs to the camera; I would prefer you move that wall back and have them approach the table from behind, towards the camera. I find the difference in the characters disturbing; not just the size contrast, but the differences in design style. I think you need to find two models that look more similar. Either use variations on Morpheus or find an alternate female mod for Malcolm. I like that you've given them something to do; make sure you take the time to really have them place their trays and sit down in a believable way. Make sure those trays fit on the table! You might consider making the table top wider and thinner, or at least shrink the trays a bit. As for acting, think about eye contact - who would be making it and when. See you Thursday!

    ReplyDelete