Here are my dialogue options for the next piece. There's no rush for feedback on these– at the most I will do a layout pass for this scene since I should still concentrate on my previous dialogue.
While some of these are a bit lengthy, particularly the last clip, I have some ideas on how to cut them down. For example, clip 5 could be cut around 17 seconds, so it starts with "You were right", making it only about 7 seconds long.
I may look for additional dialogue clips depending on what you guys think of these. My goal was to find some clips with some strong, tearful emotion. While I wasn't necessarily aiming to find tragic or gloomy scenes, these were the best dialogue clips I found so far. If anyone has suggestions for similar clips please let me know.
Hi Vivian, I like 3 and 4; there's a lot of silence in both clips, and that's where you can get some good emotions. Nice choices!
ReplyDeleteHi Viv,
ReplyDeleteThis is very heavy stuff! And very complex, emotionally. These will be very challenging, so you'll definitely want to keep it short. I'm partial to 2, 3 and 7. For 2, I would cut out the first part of the dialog and start with "Sounds like your dumping me". In the audio it sounds like they're walking as they act, which will add an extra challenge. 3 sounds like it could be simpler to stage, but you may have trouble editing it down with that bg music playing. Maybe take out the 'I'm sorry'. I would stay away from 4 because it's kind of one-note, and also because a student in my last class did a woman crying shot, and it was really emotionally exhausting for all of us to look at after a few weeks. 7 is cool if you cut it down like you mentioned. I'm looking forward to your staging ideas!